“Teach English Online” course launched on Udemy

I’m pleased to announce the launch of “Teach English Online“, a 3 hour, 15 lecture course (and soon to be expanded!) on the learning platform Udemy.

This course will give you all the tools and knowledge you need to quickly become an online English teacher, whether you are an experienced teacher of English or have never taught anything before. By the end of this course you will have the confidence to go out and find motivated students all over the world who are keen to learn and improve their English language skills. You will be able to carve out a lucrative source of income by working from home or while you travel and pursue a location independent lifestyle.

Udemy Course

After doing the course, you will be able to

• find students using a variety of methods including social media
  • choose a premium rate niche English course to teach
  • decide how much to charge and how to get paid
  • teach exam preparation
  • market yourself using social media
  • carry out a needs analysis of your students
  • teach some of the language skills underpinning the English language

So visit the course page on Udemy, enroll now and learn the tricks of the trade.

Posted in How to, Resources Tagged with: , , , , ,
8 comments on ““Teach English Online” course launched on Udemy
  1. Seshadri says:

I want to start teaching English in Thailand, can you tell me if I can make money? Where does this come from

• Charlie says:

Hi! When you say you want to teach English in Thailand, do you mean you want to teach in schools in Thailand or as an online teacher based in Thailand? If it’s the former, check out ajarn.com. If it’s the latter, read some of the ideas on the site and in my book, or on my online course hosted on Udemy https://www.udemy.com/teach-english-online/learn/. Simple answer is yes, you can make money teaching in Thailand, I’m doing it myself. China Mai is a good place to base yourself as an online teacher if you want to live in a good city that’s inexpensive, while Bangkok has that and opportunities to teach in schools too if you want to combine online and classroom teaching.

2. Mandie says:

How does one become an online teacher in Bkk.
    I have have 3 years experience teaching in Thailand, all ages.

I would like to just get started.

• Charlie says:

Hi Mandie
      Great question. Simple answer is first decide what do you want to teach. Do you want to teach kids, teens, adults. Do you want to teach business English or exam prep?
      My advice is to teach exam prep, such as IELTS, TOEFL. You could even focus on preparing Thai students for exams like the O-Net or GAT, which include English tests, but remember you can teach anyone, anywhere in the world. But decide what you want to teach first of all.
      One of the reasons why I advise doing exam prep is because it’s easier to find students. You can find lots of IELTS students on Facebook pages and in Facebook groups. Go to those pages and groups and join in the discussions and help students. Then you can offer your services as a teacher. Another good idea is to create your own Facebook page which you can link back to when you offer your teaching services.
      There’s lots more ideas on this site and in my book. Good luck!

3. sneha says:

Its good opportunity

4. Gina says:

Charlie,

I have some questions:

Do you need a website to do this? Or are there enough other ways you recommend to “spread the word”, so to speak.

Also, if I sign up for this course now, at the intro price, will I have access to the expanded future lessons, or will they be at an additional cost? (Or would I perhaps have to end up paying for the course all over again?)

Is there very much in the course that’s really geared toward online teaching techniques, or does it primarily focus on marketing yourself?

Would it help someone who’s already teaching online for a company build skills they need to be a better teacher?

• Charlie says:

Hi Gina, sorry it’s taken me so long to reply. Great questions. No, a website isn’t necessary. There are plenty of groups on Facebook for English learners, especially those who want exam prep. Regarding the course, once you buy the course, all updates and new content are free. The majority of the course is about teaching techniques, but there are some marketing tips too. I really designed the course as a mini-CELTA course, adapted for the online environment, so it will definitely build your skills.

5. bencher says:

Hi there which is the best course to do for exam prep or IELTS?

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Teach English Online

Build a career as a successful independent English teacher online. Learn all the essential strategies in this complete, step-by-step guide.
FIND OUT MORE

A Community for online English teachers

Get the best tips and advice from experienced teachers, learn how to teach your learners more effectively, and find out how to make the most of a job that can give you more time, more mobility and more freedom by teaching anyone from anywhere.

70% off our EBOOK

3D cover
Available now, The Online English Teacher eBook, everything you need to know about teaching English online. Available as a PDF for reading on any device. 70% discount for all visitors to The Online English Teacher.

Buy NOW 70% off

Also available from Amazon for reading on a Kindle device or on the free Kindle app, available for PCs, Macs, tablet computers and smartphones.

Amazon USA Amazon UK
and all other Amazon sites worldwide.

Contact Us